Centre of Medicaid Services conducted a ICD-10 testing routine to smoothen claims processing prior to the October 1, 2014 deadline. March 3 -7 2014 was the week wherein a limited number of providers could conduct ICD-10 testing through local MACs (Medicare Administrative Contractors). This brief period worked as a good dry run to practice the basics, check of any hardware/software incompatibilities etc., ahead of the October 1, 2014 hard deadline.
- Pre-coded ICD-10 test Medicare claims with dates of service between October 1, 2013 and March 3,2014 were to be ready prior to start of process
- Ensuring that the internal IT hardware and software could handle the ICD-10 codes and connect to the MAC system
- Submission of test claims was through Common Edits and Enhancements Module (CEM) or Common Electronic Data Interchange (CEDI). Technical support was available from 9 AM – 4PM, local times during the period of the test week
- Test files needed to be limited to 25 claims or less per test file
- All test files were to have the “T
Latest posts by Aathira Nair (see all)
- Medicare Home Health Conditions of Participation (CoPs) – A quick look - September 20, 2017